Groups & Camps
The Kids Clinic offer group sessions that focus on social skills, communication, visual-motor or fine-motor skills, gross motor skills or activities. Group programmes are ideal arenas in which the increases in self-confidence made in individual therapy can be tried-out in the more challenging context of a social setting. Observing how a group dynamic affects the child can help the therapist know which aspects of the classroom, playground, park or after school activities are likely to pose a challenge to your child.
Groups are run by two or more clinicians which can include occupational therapists, speech and language therapists, and/or intervention specialists. Groups available include:
- Social communications groups.
- Mindfulness and relaxation.
- School readiness.
- Transition to secondary school.
- Sensorimotor groups.
- Emotional self-management.
- Executive functioning skills development.
- Study skills.
- Play skills (for children who have difficulty playing).
- Summer and school holiday camps
- LEGO groups.